January 17, 2012

How to Get Organized for a Happy 2012

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a great break. I have been busy with family, holidays and work. Here's an update!


I have been home with the boys since Dec19 and am more than ready for them to start school again! We had an awesome time, they have been playing with friends, enjoying family, going out with us, riding their new bikes and just hanging out. Lots of popcorn, movies, trips to ice cream shops and Starbucks, simple daily life.


My sister came from Rio with my adorable niece and her husband for a 3 week visit and even considering their vegetarian diet, we had a great time! They  had fun visiting beautiful San Diego and enjoying time with us.


With our relocation last August, I started to review my business around December and am still in the process of doing it. I'm working diligently to continue to build a business that serves those who want to have an organized life and space! I am now offering Virtual Organizing Services and Home Organizing Assessments, as well as the One-on One Professional Organizing Services.


I am very happy to be on a mentorship program in Feng Shui and am enjoying my readings and practice of all the materials!


I am reading a lot on business, marketing and of course organizing. I am so very grateful for being able to find my groove and be back to work after so many years as a stay-home-mother and so many relocations (5 in 10 years!).


So, how can I do all this and still enjoy family and go to bed early every night, living a healthy life? By being organized, having a plan for my year and by sticking to it!


First the tool! I use Google calendar but you can use any calendar you like. I love this one because it works for me and I can access it from anywhere and never miss an appointment!


Second I assign a color for each area of my life:
- Self
- Family - from parties to medical appointments.
- Kids School - I volunteer there as well
- Clients
- Company/Work related activities like business development & study, business meetings, coaching, networking, conferences etc.


With this color assignment I can "see" right away what's coming and who is getting my attention. I can also see how many clients I have each week and manage my time really well for them.


So, no matter what calendar system you use you can replicate this simple system by assigning colors and planning ahead. Use stickers to make it easy and even a dry-erase wall calendar, like the ones from At-a-Glance or 3M Sticky notes calendars.


January is also the month I get all the information for the year ahead updated, like school holidays, vacations, planned trips, birthdays, weddings, well-being and check up appointments, meetings, classes I'm attending etc. It's a great way to see the year ahead and just have a long term view of all our activities.


As a professional and a mother this is essential for both my professional development, success and most importantly, my sanity! 


Have a wonderful day and let me know how this post helps you get organized!


Life can be Simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for coming by and I will love to hear your thoughts and comments. Thank you!